Wednesday 11 May 2016

ITI Bulletin on Revisions

Pic of ITI's journal with footballer on cover for Euro 2016


The ITI Bulletin is the journal of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. The May/June 2016 issue of the ITI Bulletin has gone full-colour. As a marketer, I am a great believer in pictures and text working together. I am therefore delighted to have an article in this first full-colour issue. 

You can find the article on pages 14 and 15 of the printed journal or as a pdf on the Publications page of my website. The article is entitled  Revision collision.

Eastern European Conference
I would like to take this opportunity to thank my co-author, Angie Taylor. I first met Angie not in the UK or even in France, but at the BP15 Conference in Croatia. We had a great time together at the friendliest conference that I have ever attended. We got to know each other better during the sight-seeing tours. We enjoyed visiting Zagreb and the Plitviče Lakes, as well as Lake Bled and Ljubljana in Slovenia. Such beautiful cities and countryside. Highly recommended.

ITI LRG Workshop
The article idea sprang out of an ITI workshop. The London Regional Group invited experienced EU revisers to run the session. There were differing opinions and much debate during the workshop. Our aim was to gather constructive viewpoints from different sides of the profession in the follow-up article.

Thanks
I would particularly like to thank my two contributors. Françoise Bajon and Lindsay Bywood. Angie collated the two freelancers’ viewpoints for the articles.

Françoise was very gracious with her time as we discussed the article on Skype and in a WebEx meeting. We succeeded despite a few technical hitches.

It was a little easier with Lindsay. It turned out that she lives surprisingly close to me in Harrow. The time she spent away from her PhD for this article is much appreciated.

Last but not least, I would like to thank the ITI Bulletin’s editor, Femke Colbourne.

Happy reading!