- Relationships - moderated by Jost Zetzsche
- Growth - moderated by Iwan Davies, ITI's Chair
- Technology - moderated by José Blanco Pérez
For the most part, I attended the Relationships track. Regular reports kept us informed about key points discussed in other tracks.
- We facilitate communication for clients yet the translation industry has internal communication problems.
- Communicating across cultures is our job – yet we have a cultural communication problem. Most communications are not in a native language. We fail to make the same allowances as we would for clients in similar interactions.
This two-day conference promises to transform our maturing industry. Bullying is out for example. Whether by LSP or freelancer, it will be no longer be tolerated.
Future Elia Events:
21-22 April - ND Focus, Elia's Networking Days for Executives, Mallorca/Majorca, Spain
October 2016 - Elia's Networking Days, Brussels, Belgium (exact dates to be confirmed)
December 2016 - ND Focus, Elia's Networking Days for Project Managers, Barcelona, Spain (exact dates to be confirmed shortly)
February 2017 - Elia Together, 2nd Conference, Berlin Germany (call for papers and exact dates to follow)
More about Elia