Monday 24 September 2018

Photo Blog: Eastcote House and Gardens


Eastcote House and Gardens in Hillingdon has undergone a major transformation since my last visit. Given the recent heavy winds and rains, the volunteers did an excellent job of putting on a such a tidy display of late summer colour and topiary.

Eastcote House Walled Garden looking towards the Dovecote

Sideways view of the planting in the walled gardenPic looking up a central path in the walled garden


I savoured the garden from every angle, before making my way towards the wilder parts of the gardens towards Long Meadow and the River Pinn.


River Pinn

There are some magnificent old trees in Long Meadow. I paused under the magnificent, sunlit canopy of the old Oak Tree below.

 Pic looking up at oak tree trunk, branches and sunlit leaves from underneath

I returned to the house where old cars were on display for the Open House London weekend.

Old car with Union Jack with Eastcote House behind
Old car with Eastcote House in the background

Pic of red vintage car and cyclist in background
One of the vintage cars in Eastcote Gardens

A quiet bench beckoned as I realised that I had missed the next 282 bus home.


 A chance to enjoy the last of the dappled September sunshine under the gardens' trees.



 Eastcote House and Gardens is open daily.












No comments: